For me and my kids is our favorite dish, the look and the taste that you can’t resist. The serving plate that contains the Waraq Enab will be empty after a short time!
Everyone concerned about providing healthy diet for the whole family especially the kids. So, Waraq Enab (Stuffed Grape Leaves) is the best choice since it contains a lot of vitamins, fiber, and minerls. Besides, it’s small, very easy to swallow, and the taste will make you eat more.
Waraq Enab is a Mediterranean dish and famous around the world, it’s served as an appetizers for most of the restaurants.
If you are interested in cooking this dish, look below for ingredients and the way of cooking it provided with pictures.
1 jar grape leaves in vinegar brine, drained (about 40-50 leaves)
1 1/2 cups rice
2 tomatoes, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped mint
1/2 cup olive oil
salt & pepper
2 potatoes, sliced
2-3 large tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup lemon juice
salt & pepper
Olives (black or green)
- Mix all together the raw rice, tomatoes, onions, parsley, mint, olive oil and a pinch of salt in a big bowel.
2. Get the leaves out of the jar. One by one, place the leaf backside up and place a small spoonful of filling by the stem end.
3. Roll the leaf from the stem end. After about one roll, fold the left and right sides in.
4. After completing stuffing and rolling of the leaves, add the potato slices at bottom of the cooking pan and place the rolled leaves in top of the potatoes.
Stick the leaves besides each other and don’t leave a space between them.
5. Add tomato slices in top the rolled leaves. Pour on the olive oil and any juices at the bottom of the bowl that held the rice. Personally, I prefer lemon juice, which gives a great taste for leaves.
6. Place a plate in top of the grape leaves, so to keep it from floating and unrolling, and place the pan’s lid. Cook the leaves in a low heat and leave it for about an hour. This will allow the potatoes at the bottom of the pot to get a nice crust.
7. After the leaves is cooked well, arrange them in a serving plate and garnish them with some olives, parsley and potato slices.
It’a ready for your tummy ! Enjoy!