I was searching for a dessert to make for my family, then I found this Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast recipe. This recipe serves 12 and contain 433 cals. The preparation needs 30 minutes, baking needs 1 hour and 15 minutes. This dessert will be ready in 1 hour 45 minutes. Enjoy!
- 12 slices home-style white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cold cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place half of the bread slice in the baking dish. Place the cream cheese cubes over the bread cube layer; sprinkle 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries at the top of the cream cheese layer. Add the other half of slice bread over strawberry layer.
- Pour half-and-half into a blender; pulse for a few seconds. Blend eggs into half-and-half until mixed properly. Add maple syrup and blend to the mixture until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bread mixture. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and put it in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 45 minutes before baking.
- Bake the baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until French toast is puffed and golden brown, about 30 more minutes.
- Stir sugar, water, and corn starch together in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix in 1 cup sliced strawberries; cook and stir until strawberries have softened, about 10 minutes. Add butter; stir until melted. Serve hot over French toast.